The purpose of meetingsUPFRONT is to equip leaders with the ability to prepare for and conduct an effective meeting. The program is a balanced approach between determining the appropriate meeting participants, agenda, key topics and interaction skills necessary to keep the meeting interesting and focused. The emphasis is on preparing for and executing an efficient meeting that will have an immediate impact on the growth of the organization.
Each participant will prepare for and conduct a five to seven minute meeting with a small group of participants. This shortened "real world" meeting will allow each participant to practice the core skills of the workshop.
meetingsUPFRONT ModulesmeetingsUPFRONT is divided into four basic sections: Groundwork, Engage, Involve and Close. There is a natural flow to the design, (preparation, open, body, close) yet within each section, participants are free to design a meeting that reflects their own style without compromising the basic structure necessary for a productive meeting. Each section outlines a set of elements that must be included.
The Meeting PLANNERThe Meeting Planner is a reusable tool for preparing an effective meeting. It is available in an electronic format to be easily accessed for future meeting planning.
- A technique for anticipating questions that might be on the minds of the participants prior to the meeting.
- A structure for opening, conducting and closing a meeting that moves the goals of an organization forward.
- Agendas that fit the time frame and goals of the meeting.
- Methods for preventing or dealing with disruptive behavior in a meeting.
- Techniques for asking appropriate questions to encourage involvement in the meeting.
- A tool (Meeting Planner) to facilitate meeting preparation.
meetingsUPFRONT fact sheet.pdf
Contact Red Cup
meetingsUPFRONT content is derived from the globally branded UPFRONT Persuasion through Presentation™ program
Knowing you were being asked to present the learned skills in front of your peers made me concentrate.